INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS MCQs
The answers of questions marked with * are subject to change with time
- In which month does the UN General Assembly usually meet every year.
♦ Credit To: Kashif Ullah ♦
- The headquarters of SAARC is located at:
A. Karachi, Pakistan
B. Colombo, Sri Lanka
C. Dhaka, Bangladesh
D. Kathmandu, Nepal
Tax Inspector-10+14/Labour Officer-16/Patrol Officer-18
SAARC stands for South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, is geopolitical unions of 8 nations in South Asia.
Founded: 8 December 1985, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
Official Languages: English
Secretary-General: (13th) Amjad B. Hussian (3-year tenure)
Members: (1) Pakistan (2) India (3) Afghanistan (4) Bangladesh (5) Sri Lanka (6) Bhutan (7) Nepal (8) Maldives.
Last Joined by: Afghanistan
- When World Trade Organization (W.T.O) was founded?
D. None of above
♦ Credit To: Tahir Naeem ♦
- Headquarters of International Court of Justice (ICJ) is located in?
A. Rome, Italy
B. Washington, USA
C. New York, USA
D. The Hague, Netherlands
CSS C.A-16+17/AD Labour Welfare-17
- Ban-ki-Moon, UN 8th Secretary-General from Jan 2007-Dec 2016 belongs to?
C. South Korea
D. North Korea
- How many members are in European Union (E.U)?*
Tax Inspector-16/SI PCD-16/AR PCD-16/CSS C.A-17
- European Union (EU) Headquarters is in?*
A. City of Brussels (Capital of Belgium, a Region in Brussels)
B. Vienna (Austria)
C. London (U.K)
D. None of above
Tax Inspector-16/Labour Officer-16/AD Pop Welfare-14
* City of Brussels is the capital of Belgium, whereas Brussels officially called Brussels-Capital Region is a region of Belgium, comprising City of Brussels.
- Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Secretariat is in?*
A. Tehran, Iran
B. Shanghai, China
C. Istanbul, Turkey
D. Tokyo, Japan
Tax Inspector-18 (Lhr)
- The first Secretary-General of United Nations (UN) was?
A. Ban ki Moon (from South Korea)
B. U Thant (from Myanmar, formerly Burma)
C. Kofi Annan (from Ghana)
D. Trygve Lie (from Norway)
SI PCD-16/AD Labour Welfare-17/CCS C.A-16
The Secretary-General of the United Nations is the head of the United Nations Secretariat, one of the 6 principal organs of the United Nations, and serves as the chief administrative officer of the United Nations. (1) The General Assembly (2) The Security Council (3) The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) (4) The Trusteeship Council (5) The International Court of Justice (ICJ) (6) The Secretariat.
Secretary-General Term Length: 5 years
Nominated By: UN Security Council
Headquarters of UN: New York City, New York, U.S.A
Founded: 24 October, 1945, San Francisco, California, USA
- Which from the following countries does not possess Veto-power in the UNO?
A. United States
C. United Kingdom