Here, you will have some Most Important Meteorology solved multiple choice questions (MCQs) for all kinds of recruitment tests of FPSC, PPSC, KPPSC, SPSC & NTS. These one liner MCQs are for the posts of Meteorologist, Assistant Meteorologist and other meteorlogy related tests.
Find more Meteorology MCQs from FPSC Past Papers Solved pdf download are availabe here…
- Nitrogen gas found in atmosphere is 78%
- oxygen gas found in atmosphere is 21%
- Speed of electromagnet ways is 3×108 m/s (300000 km/sec)
- The layer of earth in which we live is Troposphere
- The atmospheric layer closet to earth is Troposphere.
- Weather phenomenon take place in Troposphere
- Atmospheric layer ideal for flying is Troposphere
- Ionosphere reflects radio-waves back to earth
- Nimbostratus clouds bring a long steady rain
- Clouds found at highest altitude are Noctilucent
- Thickness of atmosphere around earth is 145 km
- Atmosphere maintains earth’s temperature
- % of insulation received by earth’s surface is 51%
- Atmospheric layers are divided into 4 parts
- Sun’s heat and energy reaches earth by Radiation
- Air is composed of 78% Nitrogen.
1% Other gases.
- Planetary winds consist of doldrums, trace winds and westerlies.
- Troposphere is 10 km,
Stratosphere is from 10 to 40 km,
Mesosphere (Neutraspace) is from 40 to 80 km,
Thermosphere (Ionosphere) is from 80 to 370 km
Exosphere (Heaviside) is beyond 370 km.
- Megnetosphere that lies beyond the Exosphere is not the part of atmosphere.
- 3/4th of the air that envelops the earth is in troposphere.
- 97% of the air is below the upper boundary of the stratosphere which is the maximum height that aircraft may reach with the support of air.
- Smog is when water vapour condenses around a particle of smoke
- Atmospheric temperature increases at higher altitudes due to convection
- Formaula of Ozone is O3
- CFCs are Chloro Fluoro Carbons
- Earth’s atmosphere is over 1000 km deep
- Biosphere is the sphere of life which covers all the three spheres i.e litho, hydro, atmosphere
- Ozone layer is found in Stratosphere.
- Climate is the average weather of a particular place over many years.
- Weather change day to day, whereas climate remains same for years. NEXT PAGE >> FPSC Meteorology MCQs PAGE-2
Find More MCQs BelowWeather describes the condition of ______ at anytime. A. The earth B. The land surface C. The Atmosphere D. The ionosphere
ENGLISH GRAMMAR MCQs