A. 234 Articles
B. 240 Articles
D. 280 Articles
Number of articles in the 1962 Constitution
There are 250 articles in Pakistan constitution 1962. The 1973 Constitution of Pakistan consists of 250 articles, 12 chapters and a schedule divided into 7 chapters. So, the number of articles in the 1973 Constitution is 280, however, the Pakistan constitution 1956 has 234 articles and Pakistan constitution 1962 contains 250.
Number of articles in all Constitutions of Pakistan
- Pakistan constitution 1956 has 234 articles
- Pakistan constitution 1962 has 250 articles
- Pakistan constitution 1973 has 280 articles
What is the Constitution of Pakistan
Constitution of Pakistan
- Last amended: 31st May 2018
- Amendments: 25
- Federalism: Federation
- Date effective: 14 August 1973; 47 years ago
Constitution of Pakistan of 1962
The Constitution of 1962 was the fundamental law of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan from June 1962 until martial law was declared in March 1969. It was abrogated in the same year by President Yahya Khan. Wikipedia
After the military coup of 1958, Ayub Khan waited for some time with the intention of paving public opinion in his favour. A legislative commission was established under the leadership of Justice Shahaab-ud-din. The commission forwarded a report on 6th May 1961. Justice Manzoor Qadir designed and drafted the entire constitution. Ayub Khan with the help of a presidential ordinance enacted the new constitution on 8th June 1962. It had the following salient features:-
- It was in written form and had the information about the state institutions and their mutual relations.
- The constitution was not passed by the consent of the elected representatives of the people. It was the creation or brainchild of a single person.
- The constitution was president friendly; making amendments was easy only if supported and endorsed by the president or it was a very lengthy and difficult job. For making any amendment, the 2/3rd majority of the assembly had to pass the bill and then had to send it to the president. If the president did not take up any objection for thirty days, the amendment was considered valid. However, the president might disapprove or send back the resolution with certain alterations. In that case, it was needed to gain the consent of 3/4th majority of the assembly. The president had to give consent in ten days or had to propagate it for the opinion of Basic Democrats. In that case, the opinion of the B.D’S was considered final.
- Apparently, it was a federal system of government with East Pakistan and West Pakistan as its units. The constitution contained the list of only federal authorities, the rest were given to the federating units. The centre had the authority to intervene in the provincial matters if considered necessary.
- Unlike previous constitutions, the Indian Act 1935 and the constitution of 1956, it was presidential in its nature with all the executive powers resting with the president. He was the constitution head of government and state.
- It was a unicameral system of government with only one house. The members of the National Assembly were elected by the basic democrats.
- The judiciary was kept independent to the extent of theory. All the judges of the High courts had to be selected and appointed by the president with the advice of the chief justice. But the president was not bound to the opinion or wishes of the Chief Justice.
- The constitution guaranteed the basic human rights for all the citizens of Pakistan without any discrimination of caste, creed and colour.
The constitution of 1962 was a one-man show. It was designed for a single man. Apparently it gave many rights and securities to the people but actually it deprived the people of all kinds of political rights and their representation in the legislation.
Q: How many articles are there in the 1962 constitution of Pakistan?
Ans: There are 250 Article in the 1962 constitution of Pakistan
Consider linking to these articles:
|Geography of Pakistan MCQs||Pakistan Constitution MCQs|
|Pakistan Affairs After 1947||Pakistan Affairs before 1947|
|Current Affairs MCQs||Pakistan Current Affairs MCQs|
In this section, you will get Mcqs of Pakistan Studies for NTS, FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, CSS, PMS Test Preparation. Basic Information About Pakistan Here are the Different Categories related to PakStudy Mcqs. From the past, since 1947 to the current time all Pak Study MCQs by CSSMCQs will be shared.
Moreover, CSSMCQs also provide you with a great opportunity to take Online Quiz in CSS MCQs Past Papers of Pakistan Affairs 2000-2020.
⌊ ❏ ⌋ ⌊ ❐ ⌋ ⌊❑ Online Quiz ⌋ ⌊ ❒ ⌋ ⌊❐ ⌋ ⌊