i1 What is Central Superior Services (CSS)?
The Public Service Commission was set up for the first time in British India in 1926. After independence, the Commission was established in Pakistan in 1947 under the provision of Government of India Act, 1935. At present, the commission is functioning under article 242 of the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It has been provided autonomy under the Rules of Business, 1973 and FPSC Regulations, 1978 in its working. The Commission has also been given administrative as well as, to some extent, financial autonomy to perform its functions independently.
i2 Who is eligible to appear for the exam?
To apply for CSS Examination, a candidate should be;
- A citizen of Pakistan.
- Must hold at least a Bachelors Degree with the second division in any Faculty/Discipline from one of the Pakistani Universities or an equivalent degree or comparable educational qualifications of a foreign University.
- No candidate who has obtained a Third Division (or ‘D’ grade where the result is declared under Semester System) in his Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the Examination except in cases where he/she has obtained a higher Division in Master’s Degree.
- The age limit for admission in CSS Examination is 21-30 years, which is relaxable up to 2 years for those who are already in Government Service and have completed 2 years service. The relaxation is also available to candidates belonging to certain remote areas as defined by Government.
i3 Test Process
- Written Test
- Psychological Test
- Medical Test
- Viva Voce / Interview
i4 Examination / Written Test
- Compulsory Subjects (600 marks)
- Optional Subjects (600 marks)
i5 Allocation Groups
CSS Exam conducted by FPSC includes the following groups:
- Pakistan Administrative Service – PAS (formerly District Management Group – DMG)
- Police Service of Pakistan – PSP
- Pakistan Customs Services – PCS
- Commerce & Trade Group – PCG
- Foreign Service of Pakistan – FSP
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan – IRS
- Information Services of Pakistan – ISP
- Military Lands & Cantonment Group – MLCG
- Office Management & Secretariat Group – OMG
- Pakistan Audit & Accounts Service – PA&AS
- Postal Group – PG
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group – RCTG
Registration fee is Rs. 2,200/-. Registration is online from (1st – 30th October).
i7 Examination Month
February of each year.