Important Units Of Measurements | Physics General Knowledge questions and answers
Here, you will have Important Units Of Measurement MCQs General Knowledge questions and answers. These important Units Of Measurement MCQs in the world lists are given with a pdf download at the end. These General Knowledge MCQ are equally important for FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, SPSC, KPPSC, BPSC, NTS and all other competitive exams of Pakistan. Thus, These are helpful For Nts Test, Ppsc Test, Fpsc Test, Bpsc Test, Spsc Test, Kpkpsc Test and Ajkpsc Test preparation.
List Important Units Of Measurements in Physics
- 1 horse power is 745.7 watts
- 1 horse power = work equal to lifting 550 lbs of weight to one foot for one second
- 1 calorie is equal to 4.2 Joules
- 1 barrel is equal to 159 liters
- 6 feet = 1 fathom
- 1 kwh = 3.6 x 10 power 6 joules
- A 100 watt bulb lights for 1 hour uses 100 watt hour of electricity
- -273 degree centigrade is called absolute zero temperature.
- Standard pressure is 760 mm or 14.7 lb/in2
- Gross is equal to 12 dozens • Mach 2 = 500 miles per hour
- 1 nautical mile = 1825 meters
- Unit of pressure is Pascal
- Force is measured in Newton (SI), Dyne (CGS)
- At -40 deg F Fahrenheit scale is equal to centigrade scale
- Hertz and Angstrom are units of frequency
- Units of work and energy are Joule and Erg (CGS)
- Diopter is unit of power of lens
- Unit is density is kg/m3
- Unit of power is watt, BTU (Board of Trade Unit)
- Unit of electric charge is Coulomb
- Unit of voltage is volt
- Unit of electric resistance is ohm
- Unit of capacitance is Farad
- Unit of magnetic flux is Weber, Tesla
- Unit of radio activity is Becquerel
- Unit of luminous intensity is candle, lux
- Unit of crude oil is Barrel
- Unit of volume of water is cusec, cubic/sec
- Unit of admittance is Mho
- Unit of intensity or loudness of sound is bel
- Unit of viscosity is Poise
- Unit of flight speed is Mach I
- Unit of atmospheric pressure is milli bar
- Unit of wave length of light is Angstrom
- Unit of energy is Electron volt
- Unit of brightness is Lambert
- Unit of luminous flux is Lumen
- Intensity of illumination or unit of luminosity is Lux, Candela and Candle power
- Unit of magnetic pole strength is Weber
- Unit of RAD (Radiation Absorbed Dose) is Gray
- Unit of Electric Current is Ampere
- Unit of inductance is Henry
- Unit of conductance is siemens.
- Unit of heat is Joule, Calorie, BTU (British Thermal Unit)
- Radio activity is measured in currie
- Rutherford : strength of radioactivity
- Torr: pressure
- Fermi : length [A unit of length equal to one femtometer (10-15 meter)]
- Sved berg unit:sedimentation rate
- Dioptre: power of lense
- Mho : conductivity
- Henry: inductance
- Maxwell: magnetic flux
- Becquerel: radioactivity
- Kilo watt hour: power
- Coulomb: unit of electrical charge
- Weber: unit of magnetic flux
- Tesla: unit of magnetic flux density
- Siemen: unit of conductance
- Rutherford: unit of rate of decay of radioactive material
- Faraday: unit of electric charge
- Angstrom: unit of length, used especially to specify radiation wavelengths
- Parsec: unit of astronomical length
- Degree: unit of measurement of an angle
- Steradian: Unit of solid angle measurement
- Dyne is a unit of Force.
- SI unit of pressure is Pascal.
- Curie is a unit of : radioactivity
- Pascal Sound Pressure
- Torr Pressure
- Curie Intensity of radioactivity
- Angstrom Unit of length
- Light year The distance light travels in a year
- Dioptre Lens refractive power
- Horse power Unit of Power
- Radian Unit of angular measure
- Candela Unit of luminous intensity
- Mole unit of amount of substance
- What is measured in units called phon- Sound 192
- What is measured in grains – four grains to a carat- Pearls
- Unit of electromotive force in Volt.
- What is the SI unit of illumination -Lux
- Gross is equal to 12 dozen.
- Ozone is measured in percent age.
- What is measured on the Gay-Lussac scale: Alcohol strength
- Chronometer is used to measure… time
- Anemometer is used to measure… Wind Speed
- The clusec is the unit measuring the power of what Vacuum pumps
- One million cycles per second is called Megahertz.
- 200 grams are equal to one carat.
- Voltammeter is an electrolytic cell for conducting electrolytic dissociation of electrolyte.
- 8 furlongs make one mile.
- A billion contain 1000 million. It has 9 zeroes. Similarly a trillion has 12 zeroes,a quadrillion 15 zeroes,a quintillion 18 zeroes and a decillion 33 zeroes.
- One inch is equal to 2.5400 cms and one mile is equal to 1.6093 kms.
- One micron is equal to One-thousandth of a millimeter.
- 47105 acres is equal to what SI unit-Hectare
- What word describes one tenth of a nautical mile-Cable
- What is measured on the Torro scale –Tornados
- unit of sound named after- Alexander Graham Bell – Decibel
- The density Smoke is measured on the Rngelmann scale-
- Unit of electromotive force in Volt.
- Power is measured in Watts (w).
- Resistance was discovered by Girge Ohm in 1826, and is measured in ohms.
- Electricity does not flow through a circuit by itself. It needs a ‘push’, or energy, to keep it moving. We call this energy the voltage of the circuit. Voltage is measured in volts (v).
- The German scientist George Ohm (1787-1854) is best remembered for working out ohm’s law. He discovered that they voltage across a conductor such as a trip of metal or a wire – and the current following through it always vary in the same proportion. So if you double the voltage, you double the current. This is incredibly useful; because it lets you predict the current you will get for a particular voltage.
- The thickness of silk is measured in what- Denier
- Ohm’s law does not apply to semiconductors and conductors when there is change in temperature.
- In our houses we get 220 V a.c. The value of 220 V represents the effective voltage.
- If the same note is played on a flute and a sitar, one can still distirguish b/w them because they differ in quality.
- A negatively charged glass rod has always less protons than electrons.
- The wavelength of the X-rays is of the order of 0.1 nanometer.
- Red, green and blue are known as primary colours. These are colours which cannot be produced by mixing with other colours.
- Scattering of light ___ the duration of the day (make)
- Oil rises in a wick of oil lamp on account of a property of matter called Capillary Action • a primary cell can ___ be charged again (not)
- When a person can see nearer objects but not the distant ones he is said to be suffering from : nearsightedness (myopia)
- ATP is a molecule containing high energy bonds.
- An example of inorganic compound is carbon monoxide.
- The time period of a pendulum on moon increases.
- Clinical thermometer usually measures in Fahrenheit.
- Tube light emits radiation even after it is disconnected. It is due to Fluorescence.
- Shortsightedness can be corrected with the use of Concave.
- Rectifier converts AC into DC
- Atomic weight of chemical compounds is determined by Mass spectroscopy.
- Atomic pile is a place where nuclear fission is made.
- Drinker’s apparatus is for measuring the amount of Alcohol in the blood.
- Dewar’s flask is called as thermos.
- The conversion of gases into liquid under high pressure and low temperature is called regulation.
- If a green leaf is seen in a red light its color will be black.
- Emerge of VIBGYOR from one side of the prism is due to refraction and dispersion of light.
- Oxidation is the process in which electron is lost.
- Half-time is a time of radioactive substance taken by that substance to decompose radioactivity to half of its weight.
- Light energy is stored in the form of chemical energy due to the activity of Chloroplast.
- Sunlight is composed of seven colours
- Oil rises in a wick of oil lamp on account of a property of matter called Capillary Action
- What is a Fata Morgana- Type of Mirage
- Freon-trademark for any of a number of chemical compounds containing fluorine, and often chlorine or bromine. Use: as solvents, as aerosol propellants, in refrigeration. It is commonly used in refrigerator.
|300+ FACTS of HUMAN BODY||Old & New Names MCQs|
|Mountain MCQs||Cities on River Bank MCQs|
|Mountain Pass MCQs||International Airlines MCQs|
|Ocean MCQs||First, Largest, Biggest & Oldest|
|Sea Port MCQs||Discoveries & Inventions MCQs|
|Straits MCQs||Scientific Instruments MCQs|
|Island MCQs||Unit of Measurement MCQs|
|Desert MCQs||Univers MCQs|
|Border Lines MCQs||Various Science MCQs|
|Famous Street MCQs||Vitamins MCQs|
|World Rivers MCQs||Physical Properties MCQs|
|National Emblem MCQs||Rays & Waves MCQs|
|Famous Epithets MCQs||Adventure in Space MCQs|
|Newz Agencies MCQs||Scientists MCQs|
Consider linking to these articles:
Click below to DOWNLOAD in PDF
FImportant Units Of Measurement MCQs