Here, you will find MCQ of MS Excel from basic to complex MCQs. All answers of these MS Excel MCQs are given at the last of the page.
1. Which of the following methods cannot be used to enter data in a cell
A. Pressing an arrow key
B. Pressing the Tab key
C. Pressing the Esc key
D. Clicking on the formula bar
2. Which of the following will not cut information?
A. Pressing Ctrl + C
B. Selecting Edit>Cut from the menu
C. Clicking the Cut button on the standard
D. Pressing Ctrl+X
3. Which of the following is not a way to complete a cell entry?
A. Pressing enter
B. Pressing any arrow key on the keyboard
C. Clicking the Enter button on the Formula bar
D. Pressing spacebar
4. You can activate a cell by
A. Pressing the Tab key
B. Clicking the cell
C. Pressing an arrow key
D. All of the above
5. Text formulas:
A. Replace cell references
B. Return ASCII values of characters
C. Concatenate and manipulate text
D. Show formula error value
6. How do you insert a row?
A. Right-click the row heading where you want to insert the new row and select Insert from the shortcut menu
B. Select the row heading where you want to insert the new row and select Edit >Row from the menu
C. Select the row heading where you want to insert the new row and click the Insert Row button on the standard toolbar
D. All of the above
7. Which of the following is not a basic step in creating a worksheet?
A. Save workbook
B. Modifiy the worksheet
C. Enter text and data
D. Copy the worksheet
8. How do you select an entire column?
A. Select Edit > Select > Column from the menu
B. Click the column heading letter
C. Hold down the shift key as you click anywhere in the column.
D. Hold down the Ctrl key as you click anywhere in the column
9. How can you print three copies of a workbook?
A. Select File>Properties form the menu and type 3 in the Copies to print text box.
B. Select File >Print from the menu and type 3 in the Number of copies text box.
C. Click the Print button on the standard toolbar to print the document then take it to Kinko’s and have 2 more copies made
D. Press Ctrl+P+3
10. To create a formula, you first:
A. Select the cell you want to place the formula into
B. Type the equals sign (=) to tell Excel that you’re about to enter a formula
C. Enter the formula using any input values and the appropriate mathematical operators that make up your formula
D. Choose the new command from the file menu
11. To center worksheet titles across a range of cells, you must
A. Select the cells containing the title text plus the range over which the title text is to be centered
B. Widen the columns
C. Select the cells containing the title text plus the range over which the title text is to be enfettered
D. Format the cells with the comma style
12. How do you delete a column?
A. Select the column heading you want to delete and select the Delete Row button on the standard toolbar
B. Select the column heading you want to delete and select Insert Delete from the menu
C. Select the row heading you want to delete and select Edit>Delete from the menu
D. Right click the column heading you want to delete and select delete from the shortcut menu
13. How can you find specific information in a list?
A. Select Tools > Finder from the menu
B. Click the Find button on the standard toolbar
C. Select Insert > Find from the menu
D. Select Data > Form from the menu to open the Data Form dialog box and click the Criteria button
14. When integrating word and excel, word is usually the
D. Both b and c
15. When a label is too long to fit within a worksheet cell, you typically must
A. Shorten the label
B. Increase the column width
C. Decrease the column width
D. Adjust the row height
16. The name box
A. Shows the location of the previously active cell
B. Appears to the left of the formula bar
C. Appears below the status bar
D. Appears below the menu bar
17. Comments put in cells are called
A. Smart tip
B. Cell tip
C. Web tip
D. Soft tip
18. Which is used to perform what if analysis?
B. Goal seek
C. Scenario Manager
D. All of above
19. You can use the horizontal and vertical scroll bars to
A. Split a worksheet into two panes
B. View different rows and columns edit the contents of a cell
C. Edit the contents of a cell
D. view different worksheets
20. Multiple calculations can be made in a single formula using
A. standard formulas
B. array formula
C. complex formulas
D. smart formula